Limited Warranty Guidelines Statement
Unless otherwise stated, Oliver Refrigeration warrants to the original purchaser of new, qualified Oliver Refrigeration units (and all parts thereof), that such equipment will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days for refrigeration equipment and one year for ice machines from the date of paid invoice.
If a qualified product is found to be defective during this period, Oliver Refrigeration will repair the defective unit, replace any defective parts or replace the defective unit within these geographical limitations:
- Within 60 miles of store: Oliver Refrigeration will send a technician to repair the defective unit, replace any defective parts or replace the defective unit.
- Outside of 60 miles of the store: The customer can bring or ship the unit to the store to be repaired. The customer is responsible for any shipping or transportation cost associated with the unit being delivered to Oliver Refrigeration or back to the customer’s facility. The customer is responsible for any damages to the unit that occur during shipping. When the unit is returned to the customer, Oliver Refrigeration will package the unit in a manner to limit the chances of damage, but should damage occur, Oliver Refrigeration is not responsible.
- Outside of 60 miles of the store: The customer has the option to use their own technician and have defective parts replacement shipped to them using standard ground shipping at no charge to them. The customer will be responsible for any labor charges incurred by their technician. The customer’s technician will need to speak to Oliver Refrigeration’s technical support for approval on the defective part replacement. Oliver Refrigeration may require certain diagnostic test and documentation prior to approval a replacement part.
At any time during the warranty period, Oliver Refrigeration may request the customer to submit documentation of the issue, including but not limited to proof of purchase, proof of maintenance, photos or documentation from a licensed contractor, such as but not limited to, a licensed electrician or plumber. Any documentation requested must be submitted to Oliver Refrigeration prior to a warranty claim being processed. Should the documentation be received after 5 business days of the original request and the warranty period ended within that time frame, it is at Oliver Refrigeration’s discretion to continue to honor the claim.
What This Warranty Does Not Cover:
Oliver Refrigeration will not warranty coverage for component failure or other damage that arise under the following conditions:
- Failure to install and/or use the unit within proper operating conditions specified by Oliver Refrigeration.
- Units plugged into an extension cord.
- Failure to properly maintain the unit. This includes, but is not limited to, basic preventative maintenance such as cleaning the condenser coil.
- Products sold or used outside of the 48 contiguous states.
- Any damage that occurs as a result of negligence or improper handling.
- Overloading or improper loading of the unit in a manner that prevents proper airflow.
- Units stored and / or used outside or in a non-controlled environment.
This warranty excludes failures do to fire, lightening, flood, acts of God, handling, misuse, abuse and low voltage.
Additionally, no claims can be made against this warranty for spoilage of products, loss of sales or profits or any other consequential damages.
Normal wear type parts, such as light bulbs and gaskets, are not included in warranty coverage.
All equipment must be plugged directly into a standard wall outlet with an appropriately sized dedicated breaker. Multiple pieces of equipment plugged in on the same circuit (this means sharing the same breaker) will void the warranty. Any item plugged into a surge protector or an extension cord will void the warranty. Any item operated on a generator or in an outdoor environment will be subject to having the warranty be voided. Oliver Refrigeration has the right to request the customer to have a licensed electrician verify all electrical supply before sending a technician to evaluate the equipment. Improper or inadequate power (voltage) supply will void the warranty.
Oliver Refrigeration assumes no liability for parts, labor or replacement coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION:
Condensers accumulate dirt and require cleaning every 30 days. Dirty condensers result in compressor failure, product loss, and lost sales. None of these are covered by warranty.
By keeping the condenser clean you will minimize your service expense and lower your electrical costs. Condensers require scheduled cleanings every 30 days or as needed. ‘
Air is pulled through the condenser continuously, along with dust, lint, grease, etc.… In order for the unit to have proper airflow, we require 4 inch clearance around the unit. This does not alleviate cleaning the condenser every 30 days or as needed.
A dirty condenser can result in NON-WARRANTIED part and compressor failures, product loss and lost sales. None of these are covered by warranty.
Proper cleaning involves removing dust from the condenser. By using a soft brush or vacuuming the condenser with a shop vac, using CO2, nitrogen or pressurized air.
If you cannot remove the dirt adequately, please call your refrigeration service company. This is not covered by warranty.
The condenser looks like a group of vertical fins. You need to be able to see through the condenser for the unit to function at maximum capacity. Do not place filter material in front of the condensing coil. This material blocks air-flow to the coil similar to having a dirty coil.
Ice Machines require to be cleaned by a certified ice machine technician at a minimum every six (6) months, or sooner based on the location, using nickel safe cleaner for nickel plated evaporators and a stainless steel cleaner for stainless steel plated evaporators.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: CALL: 817-876-1695